View Single Post
Old 11-10-2002, 10:03 PM
Certifiable RC Zone Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by JohnLeMVP
Yeah the SG shaft was a problem for me, but Wolfgang gave me some good knowledge I'll pass on.

1) Flywheel: I use is a wolfpack radicials, but you can use others.

2) Length: You need an ofna clutch nut kit to make the sg shaft long enough. It cost less then $10 and can be found at towerhobbies or your LHS.

3) Clutch: I had the HPI Racing clutch but it wouldn't fit around the clutch nut kit. I dremeled it to make the hole bigger, but decided against modifying the clutch. So i just bought a Ofna 3 shoe clutch and used 2 of the shoes. A mugen clutch will work too.

Hope that helped!
Thanks....yeah, my LHS also susgested me to use the Wolfpack .15-.21 conversion kits, it came with a purple flywheel and adjustable engine mount (I think you are using that too)....costed like $65.00, is that the kits that you are talking about...? The reason I am not getting that is because that flywheel is so small and it doesn't have the OFFSET(standoff) like the HPI flywheel does.....in that way, I really don't know how's that work with .12 engine (since .15 and .21 are bigger and longer, that might work)....

Can you tell me the wolfpack flywheel parts #...?

I do have a MIP clutch and HPI clutch housing, do you thing that will work...?

One more thing, can anyone post some closeup pictures of the 2-speed gear box area so I can take a look...? I know I am asked a lot, but someone might took some pictures like that before...

Thanks again.....

Last edited by Rookie Solara; 11-10-2002 at 10:08 PM.