Password: Log In:

Notices

Hot News and New Stuff Forum Cars, Trucks, Boats Up-to-the minute news on the latest kits, RTRs, parts, accessories and more. Be sure to subscribe!

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2008, 08:09 PM

HoBao's Hot new Hyper Mini ST

Latest from ofna.com

The Jamminí CRT .5 has some serious competition now that the Hyper Mini ST 4WD nitro truggy is being released. It might have the same overall dimensions, but thatís where the similarities end. Check out the little truckís BIG features.

The anodized-aluminum extended chassis plate is made from rugged 7075 aluminum and itís hard-coated for extra durability. Check out the generous opening underneath the engine for flywheel access. The engine has a pull-start system, but it can be cranked over with a starter box.

The engine mounts that lean the engine inward 20 degrees. This allows the engine to be positioned closer to the chassis centerline and moves the tuned pipe further inward so that it can be tucked behind the body. The Mini ST will include a Hyper .12 pull-start engine with dual-needle slide carb. The polished-aluminum tuned pipe with spring coupler is standard too.

Standard size servos provide the steering and operate the throttle and brake linkages. The steering servo is laid down to lower CG and the miniscule radio box houses the receiver and 4-cell AAA battery holder. Look closely and you can see the front and rear chassis braces.

Unlike the Jamminí CRT .5, the Mini ST features a pivot ball front suspension. Aluminum-body threaded shocks, front and rear CV-type driveshafts, aluminum shock towers and steel turnbuckles are all standard.

The front end looks all business right down to the molded tubular bumper. The Mini ST has standard 2.2 inch wheels and uses standard buggy rear tires all around just Like the Jammin CRT .5. The body mount looks stout!

You canít have a truggy without a nylon wing and the Mini ST has a nice one mounted on adjustable wing mounts. Front and rear sway bars are standard as well. Check out the rear bumper and all of the rear shock mounting locations on the shock tower and lower suspension arms.

We'll give the Hyper Mini ST the full Behind the Wheel treatment in a future issue of RC Car Action magazine.
Sponsored Links

Old 04-17-2008, 08:56 PM

When is this truggy going to be released?
Old 04-18-2008, 04:05 PM
Certifiable RC Zone Addict

Wonder if they narrowed it up enough to get the pipe inside the body..
Old 04-18-2008, 04:09 PM

"so that it can be tucked behind the body"

Old 04-20-2008, 12:58 PM
Certifiable RC Addict

Looks like there are no stone guards. If that is true, the steering servo horn looks exposed.
Old 04-20-2008, 03:19 PM

i have pic with the body on but my photo editor gets grainy when i downsize. i used a 10 mp camera and forgot to lower the settings. if someone can downsize the photo email me.
bruce
Old 04-25-2008, 04:37 PM

I wonder if a "pro" version will be released w/o an engine