Password: Log In:

Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2011, 08:05 AM

AQ motley crew or miss geico for a newb racer

Hi all i am wanting to get a motley crew or miss geico to help me get into racing and i was wondering about the deans connectors.

I was wondering could the hold up as i would like to race while keeping the warranty intact if they wont hold up then id have to wait 3 months until it expired before i can race it as im sure doing that mod will void the warranty

Thanks i edited because i also like the miss geico and it may be more suited to the drive mod i plan on doing down the track.

Last edited by s87; 03-11-2011 at 01:08 AM.
Sponsored Links

Old 03-11-2011, 09:54 PM

i couldnt see an edit option thats if someone is gunna reply lol but thats ok anyways i was told that changing the connectors wont void the warranty as long as i get the connectors de soldered properly which is fine.

And in regards to the drive mod it will be a proboat outboard both darin jordan and grim racer said it could work well but there is some advantages to the motley crew.

That is having an open tub which would allow more options for battery placement and also being cheaper and intially easier to set up while i race it in basically stock configuration.

While the geico has a wider beam and is longer which would i think help with the balance of the outboard as well as having a nice transom extention of where the rudder and strut bolts up the outboard uint would look quite at home there.

But basically im willing to look past he initial quirks the geico may have in favour of it being more suited to the outboad unit.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:18 AM

anyways jus another update i will be gettin a bby racing scat cat 32 custom built to suit the outboard and i just need to add some electronics and radio gear so it should turn out well
Old 04-05-2011, 05:57 PM
Certifiable RC Addict

I talked to Mike "Grimracer" Zaborowski Saturday at the Toledo show about the boat. He put 22 months into getting it right so it shouldn't be a disappointment for anyone. He's been running his with the 42 x 55 prop.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0048.jpg (19.2 KB, 72 views)