Password: Log In:

Notices

Motorcycles Discuss all types of RC motorcycles here

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2006, 02:27 PM

alright, so I'm looking at this ducati nitro, definately into it, being that I'm a knee dragger myself, this thing is on my list, hopefully will have it next month, since I'm sure I'll have to order it, no one so far carries it in stock, anyone want to tell me the pros and cons? what it's durability... if i roll it a couple times am I gonna kill it? I had a couple of the electric ones way back in the day when they first came out, my buddies and I used to race eachother, but they weren't very crash friendly, I want it very badly, gonna get it no matter what, but I want to know what I'm gonna be replacing right away, lol, thanks
Old 10-10-2006, 02:53 AM

Does anyone have the Thunder Tiger ducati Nitro 999r? If so how well does it perform and is there hopups and can you use a larger engine than the .12?
Old 01-29-2007, 11:19 PM

Just picked up a TTR Ducati 999R nitro. Where or who makes optional parts for this bike? Links would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:47 AM

1:5 scale race SV / KZ speedway Feb 18th 2007! Time to get out and get with it.

If you have never been part of a 1:5 scale club race this is a great time NEW drivers and old hands welcome! www.5thscale.com for more info!

Warm up race for the NATC series that kicks off later in the month!

BIKES!! COME ON OUT!
Old 02-09-2007, 07:53 PM

Check out http://2wheelhobbies.com . I carry just about every option availbale for 1/5 bikes.

Bruce
Old 02-09-2007, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadio_Sales
1:5 scale race SV / KZ speedway Feb 18th 2007! Time to get out and get with it.

If you have never been part of a 1:5 scale club race this is a great time NEW drivers and old hands welcome! www.5thscale.com for more info!

Warm up race for the NATC series that kicks off later in the month!

BIKES!! COME ON OUT!
The NATC opener is on 2/25 but there is club racing on 2/18. I am tryin to get some bikes together for the club race.

Bruce
Old 05-17-2007, 06:51 PM

Modded TTR Ducati

I'm just about finished building up a bike. Thunder Tiger Ducati Desmo. Heavily modded with about every part you can find for these bikes. Dual alloy disk brakes up front from Pat's brakes in Australia. Tornado forks, RD Ti tank and pipe, Carbon top chassis and rear chassis. Tomorrow the whole chassis will be carbon as soon as the parts come in. AllEven micro drive chain and sprockets. About 1/3 the size of the TTR parts and a lot lighter for better acceleration. Integy shock on the rear. CNR Hurricane wheels with GRP medium on front and a soft on the rear.

http://www.promofo-racing.org/Photos...ide/index.html

Griz
Old 05-17-2007, 08:29 PM

Nice! Please post photos of the bike once you get the carbon fiber installed.

Bruce
http://2wheelhobbies.com
Old 05-17-2007, 09:30 PM

Sure thing

Yea those parts are supposed to be here tomorrow. I'll get some more pics when I have them installed. And the RD Logics pit stand as well. Another sweet piece for the bike. I have a killer paint job coming too. Most of the hop up parts came from 2wheelhobbies. Bruce is a great guy to deal with. Better selection than anyone around, ships quick and I've had no problems at all with anything from 2wheelhobbies. There are a few other places getting into the motorcycle stuff but I'd rather deal with someone who is knowledgeable and basically does only motorcycles. So if you want to buy one of these 2wheel beasts give 2wheel a call and he'll fix you up real proper like

Griz

Last edited by griz11; 05-18-2007 at 05:16 PM.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:52 PM

Full carbon chassis for the Ducati

Well it came in a little late so the light wasn't as good as I would have liked but here are a few pics of the full carbon chassis for the TTR Nitro Desmo bike.

The RD Logics work stand is really nice as well. Comes in three finishes I got the titanium. Only thing left to get now are the alloy servo mounts and make a little mod to the front of the carbon chassis to accomodate the Pat's brakes and it will be ready for the body.

Griz
Old 05-22-2007, 03:58 PM

that looks really nice!
Old 09-17-2007, 10:17 PM

Looks even better now :)

Finally finished up my bike. Well except for the Novarossi engine I'm going to order next month. The TTR motor doesn't have enough go for my tastes.

Griz
Old 09-18-2007, 04:08 PM

Finished up my TTR Ducati nitro

Does anyone know of a lexan rider for these bikes that isn't two piece?

Griz
Old 09-18-2007, 09:12 PM

There aren't any Lexan ones that you don't have to assemble. Putting a rider like the Alleven RC one isn't that difficult, just cut carefully and reinforce with Shoe Goo after painting (if you are going to paint on the inside). I always also make a Shoe Goo collar around the rider's neck, since the helmet can take some pretty hard hits in a rollover.

Lito

Quote:
Originally Posted by griz11 View Post
Does anyone know of a lexan rider for these bikes that isn't two piece?

Griz
Old 12-07-2007, 02:00 PM

Grizz11 , you did an awesome job on the bike.I was about to go and purchase something to replace my Ducati , not now that i have seen yours
Can you post where the carbon parts are available from , and possibly all the hop ups and where to get them.
Thanks
Old 12-08-2007, 04:17 AM

Parts into

The TTR hop-ups I bought from 2wheelhobbies.com. The forks I bought straight from Tornado in England and the front brakes come from Pat's brakes in Australia. I think that is the only 3 suppliers I used.

Griz
Old 12-13-2007, 09:56 PM
Certifiable RC Zone Addict

wow that is simply amazing.. been watching videos and searching and if i didnt just decide on a nitro boat id want a elec 1/8 scaler... thats awesome guys best of luck to yall.

johnny
Old 12-13-2007, 10:40 PM

Thats what I'm getting next

I live right across the street from Lake Lbj in the Tx Hill Country. Around the corner is a really nice cove that is nice and smooth. There is a small park and a launching ramp there. Usually someone around to retrieve a boat if it gets stuck on the water. So I'm going to get one soon as well. Haven't quite decided what kind yet. I really like the sailboats. But a powered boat is probably what I'll end up with. I have some friends in Cali that do the drag boat and those hydros that go unreal speeds. They are pretty amazing. I do a lot of videos myself. Just upgraded my rig in fact. Bought a VariZoom DV Rig Pro over the shoulder stabilizer. Basically it converts any mini-dv cam to a shoiulder held one. And to get the fat sound that the internal mic just won't get I added a Rode SVM stereo video mic. Awsome sound now and great stereo ambience. I'm encoding a 20 minute video of a truggy race in Austin Tx last weekend right now. I'll have it up on my site so you can stream it by midnight central time. Check it out. Pretty much the whole race the actual heat was 30 minutes. So 10 minutes to move around the track rest the arms and wrists and such. Outside of the intro music and a little on the exit its all the sound of a nitro off-road race in Hi-Fi. Some interesting effects as well.

Check it out at this link around midnight tonight

www.promofo-racing.org/NCRC-Truggy-128-85.html

If you want to check out the rest go to this page. Most of them are listed there. http://www.rcuniverse.com/mvp/mvppos...emberid=197467 And also the smaller size is available at www.youtube.com/griz11 All kinds of R/C racing. From oval to drag cars and pretty much everything in between.

Griz
Old 01-03-2008, 04:59 PM

Little change in plans

Well I had a mild heart attack on the 22'nd. Didn't hurt my heart muscle any just gave me a big warning shot. There is a hospital close to my house but they don't really have the resources to treat cardiac problems. They send you on to Austin and the ambulance ride costs 2K so I had my wife drive me. Found out on Sunday I was going to have to have a quintuple bypass no way to fix it this time with balloons and stents. And I couldn't go home because I was 100% blocked in two arteries with 3 tiny arteries my heart had made to get around the blockage keeping me alive. Had the bypass day after Christmas and by that afternoon I was standing up. Went back to my regular room next day and after 3 more days of walking and blowing into the spirometer to get my lungs cleared out I was home. Took to the drivers stand the next day and ran my GT2 in the practice sessions. They get it done quickly nowadays. With a little work on your part it goes real quick. Man I feel great too. I haven't much felt like messing with any of my R/C's in the past 6 months or so. I sold off all of them but the bike and GT2. Now I have plenty of energy but I probably won't go back to racing that much. I love to shoot video a lot more and I'm better at that than driving. I had quit smoking a week or so before the surgery and started making changes to my diet. Something told me I needed to do this stuff all of a sudden. I'd had stents in 2000 so I was about due. Between then and now I've been getting my lipid test numbers in the green but I never could quite quit the cigs. Now I'm eating right and not smoking getting exercise twice a day. I feel like a million bucks.

Griz
Old 01-28-2008, 12:40 AM

damn thats a nice bike...
Old 11-25-2011, 02:04 AM

Yeah, nitro-methane or nitrous oxide?

Nitro-methane is top-fuel dragster juice. Nitrous oxide is a gas that pumps up the oxygen in the combustion chamber.

No bike comes stock with either. Both would be an expensive upgrade...
Old 08-28-2013, 07:36 PM

Elec Motorcycle

Hey guys, I have 3 of the thunder tiger motorcycles. 2 ducati, and 1 yamaha
Was wondering if anyone had ideas of better control to these.
It seems like Im jerking the steering for control.
I have been racing nitro cars / trucks for a long time, maybe its just not for me.
Also what is a good asking price, if I wanted to sell?
The yamaha has 2 runs on it, the ducati's have more, but in good shape.
All would come with servos and motors.

Thanks for any help
C.