Password: Log In:

Notices

RC Car and Truck Electronics For all Electronics Radios, Servos, Batteries, Motors, Brushless Motors, Esc's, Chargers and Lighting.

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2011, 08:57 PM
Banned

распродажа од

http://dress-soul.ru/index.php?categoryID=9092 -Nash Internet magazin predostavljaet ogromnoe raznoobrazie klubnoj odezhdy, zhenskaja i muzhskaja odezhda, futbolki, rejv odezhdu, a tak zhe cvetnye prikol'nye futbolki i majki, kofty s dlinnym rukavom, klubnye tolstovki, plat'ja, jarkie muzhskie zhiletki, panamki, archetypal'nye shtany, cvetnye sumki, klubnuju atributiku dlja raznoobraznyh tematicheskih vecherinok.Aksessuary.Chasy,soks,bejdzh.
http://dress-soul.ru/ Our online store offers a huge variety of club clothes, women's and men's clothing, shirts, rave clothing, as well as colored funny t-shirts and tank tops, blouses with long sleeves, club sweatshirts, dresses, bright men's vests, panamki, original pants, colorful handbags, club memorabilia for a variety of thematic vecherinok.Aksessuary.Chasy, socks, name badge.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:23 AM

motor has an efficiency curve that starts out not so efficient, and climbs to a peak or plateau at a specific amperage and voltage combination
Old 04-19-2011, 07:15 PM
Certifiable RC Zone Addict

Brushless motors are actually very efficient just off of stopped, but most setups just ram too much current into them at low rpm so they do end up making a lot of heat if loaded down at low rpm. The ESC has a lot to do with low rpm efficiency on a brushless motor as it has the job of switching the current at high speed to control the current in the windings to trade off the battery voltage for the current. This switching voltage division works much lik a modern switching power supply. Motor KV is a big factor. If you gear a car so that motor KV x Batt volts = 60 mph, but you only ever hit 30 mph, then you are only running at 1/2 voltage and nearly 2x current. If you measure the battery current in this state, it may only be 40 amps, but the motor winding current is actually closer to 80 amps which is why it ends up running hotter at part throttle. Timing will move the rpm where the best efficiency occurs. More timing pushes this to a higher rpm, but the efficiency peak will never be as high as low timing at a lower rpm. In any case, it is always best to gear for a realistic top speed you will actually hit. If the car will only get up to 35 mph before you have to slow for a corner, gear it for KV x volts to = 35 mph and everything will run cooler. Better efficiency = longer run time = cooler motor, ESC, and Battery.

The new torque/current limiting firmware from Castle seems to really be working well. I am just starting to dial it in on my 1/8 electric and it is allowing me to run much deeper with less wheel spin and easier control out of slow corners with a cooler, longer running setup. I am geared for 38 mph and it just tops out at the longest straight at Hot Rod Hobbies.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:08 AM

I just got the Mamba Max Pro SCT edition. Can I run "standard" sensored 10.5 and 13.5 motors with this? what are thd differences between the SCT and standard MMP?

thanks
Old 05-08-2011, 06:19 PM

Al-Qaida confirms bin Laden's death

Al-Qaida on Friday confirmed the killing of Osama bin Laden and warned of retaliation, saying America's "happiness will turn to sadness."
The confirmation came in an Internet statement posted on militant websites, signed by "the general leadership" of al-Qaida.
The announcement opens the way for the group to name a successor to bin Laden. His deputy Ayman al-Zawahri is now the most prominent figure in the group and is a very likely contender to take his place.
Death of Osama bin Laden Al-Qaida confirms bin Laden's death Bin Laden wife: I didn't leave hideout for 5 years Obama to meet bin Laden raid team
NBC: Al-Qaida considered 9/11/11 attack on trains Protesters condemn 'brutal killing' of bin Laden Obama visits Ground Zero: 'We will never forget' Islamic world quiet as bin Laden age closes
Teen wanted Justin Bieber, got president US lobbyists help Pakistan deny it aided bin Laden Secret, stealth chopper in compound wreckage?
The statement, dated May 3, was the first by the terror network since bin Laden was killed Monday by U.S. commandos in a raid on his hideout in Abbottabad, Pakistan.

source: msn.com
Old 08-15-2011, 03:12 PM

I am going to race in a "spec" race. 13.5 motor limit, NO TIMING allowed. The rules say it must be a roar legae "blinky" mode or timing lock mode? Can the Mamba Max Pro go into a blinkey or locked timing mode? I know I can turn the timing down to 0, but is that easily detectible upon inspection? (blinking light?)

Thanks
Old 08-21-2011, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezimmerman View Post
I am going to race in a "spec" race. 13.5 motor limit, NO TIMING allowed. The rules say it must be a roar legae "blinky" mode or timing lock mode? Can the Mamba Max Pro go into a blinkey or locked timing mode? I know I can turn the timing down to 0, but is that easily detectible upon inspection? (blinking light?)

Thanks
Yes, I believe that is the default setup. I'm running a MMP in a CRT.5 with a Novak HV motor and the yellow LED is always blinking at neutral.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:55 PM

Shawn, can a Mamba Monster ESC handle a 12v fan instead of the 5v?
Old 01-08-2012, 08:46 PM

Mamba max Pro Smartsense

Good day,

I am into competitive RC Drifting and I have tried Nosrams, LRP's, Hobbywing's, and novaks.

Would you think MMP w/ Smartsense behave and brake like these Sensor based system at low speed without cogging?

Will there be a difference if I use a sensored motor for your MMP?

Thanks
Old 01-09-2012, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zildjanlang View Post
Good day,

I am into competitive RC Drifting and I have tried Nosrams, LRP's, Hobbywing's, and novaks.

Would you think MMP w/ Smartsense behave and brake like these Sensor based system at low speed without cogging?

Will there be a difference if I use a sensored motor for your MMP?

Thanks

The only way to make it act like a sensored motor at low speeds is to use a sensored motor. The 'SmartSense' just detects whether or not you have a sensor harness. If you do, it uses it. If you don't, it goes sensorless. It still treats sensored motors as sensorless after a certain rpm but does use the sensor to achieve a smooth start.

-Eric