Password: Log In:

Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2009, 12:54 AM
Certifiable RC Zone Addict

Beware, as I plan to have a boat or two on the water in the next month or two as well. Only need a coupler, collet and flex cable, then it's just a matter of building a radio box and paint to finish my Miss Technicolor. Look out DD, I'm finally going to get something wet
Old 08-27-2009, 01:56 AM
Certifiable RC Addict

I can't believe that building season is quickly coming up again. Time flies when you get old!
This winter it looks like I've got to finish an Easy-Vee from Zippkits that somebody bought for me plus I've got 2 more Zippkit's boats ordered, the new JAE .12 outrigger hydro's. One will be more for if I mess something up or for if something breaks I'll have spare parts ready.
I kept telling myself that I was getting out of nitro and run just gas but then something like the JAE .12 comes along and I just gotta have one.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:56 AM
Certifiable RC Addict

I went and got me not just one, but two of the JAE .12 kits. One is built but not quite done and last Saturday I started on the second one. I'm also on the waiting list for the .21 version which should be coming out the first part of December. When the gas version comes out I'll probably end up with one of those also.
Other than that, repainting one boat, replacing a radio box in another. I've alreadydone one engine swap in a Cat and my mono may get upgraded, pulling the Sikk out and dropping an RCMK in that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JAE12003.jpg (38.4 KB, 58 views)
Old 02-12-2010, 02:36 AM
Certifiable RC Addict

OK, some cleaner shots not on my messy building board. It's now very close to getting wet as soon as the ponds thaw. The second one plus the .21 version are still a work in progress.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF1702-1.JPG (122.2 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF1705.JPG (242.8 KB, 48 views)
Old 02-13-2010, 06:56 PM

I'm going to be a little (OK, a lot) late getting my pride and joy on the water. It's a build that became a conversion, and in the process there's a bit of a learning curve. A 40" crackerbox built up from a set of plans is in the works. Originally, it called for the venerable K&B Sport Marine .40 engine, but my living arrangements make storing fuel an impossibility so converting to electric became a must. That's where the learning curve came in. I've seen something recently that gives great promise of success, so as soon as I get some spendable cash--- the other thing that slows this build--- I begin the conversion.

This boat was nearly completed, requiring only the mounting of fuel tanks and a halfway decent paintjob for full completion, so this forced move was a bit of a setback.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:09 PM
Certifiable RC Addict

This is an old thread but I try to build a new boat every winter to stave off cabin fever. I really didn't hae anything in mind for this year but got a great deal on this Warlock gas 'rigger yesterday from Kevin Sheren. When I got to his house he should have told me to bring more money as he's got a QD HT sitting there that would really make this baby move! Next weekend is a swap meet in Fort Wayne so if I unload enough there I'll send the money to him for that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Warlock.jpg (98.7 KB, 6 views)