Password: Log In:

Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2012, 10:02 PM

Cool INSANELY FAST APACHE C1 in sand with Paddle tires

Quick Teaser of my slightly modded C1.

Its wild to see all the possible power/torque Im getting with NEW ESC. Modded so far are the bones, rear turnbuckles, ESC, Steering servo, 5S and 6S Lipos, Paddle tires for this weekends bash session. Coming soon - 112mm shocks, springs, front turnbuckles and steering links maybe a more powerful motor.

This test run in my back yard sand pit area you can see that when it pulls a wheelie the back digs in and rips off the shell. In addition you can see my Proline 40 series paddle tire start to pull off the rim from the speed/torque%

I cant wait till this weekend to get some hard runs in with my buddies%. Should be wild

HPI Apache C1 6s 5s Paddle Tires RC Car Fast Fun Wild proline Lipo sand

Last edited by Mdlopez1; 04-30-2012 at 10:28 PM.
Sponsored Links

Old 05-01-2012, 07:30 AM
Certifiable RC Addict

Should be able to float right across the sand with those big meats on.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:39 PM

Findings so far on just Changing it to the BLUR ESC with Stock alpha start motor - Well I decided to go with the Blur that HPI uses on the Vorza which has a much better reputation than the qbase. So far not a glitch! I also find that the alphastar 2350 motor seems to run much better. eventually I will change that to a more powerful motor but for now its doing much better.

OVERALL FINDINGS: seems much more efficient at delivering BIG POWER! I seem to get more power out of my same batteries. the truck does not seem to pounce forward; judging by cars actions and sound the power seems to come on smooth and fast compared to qbase that (to me) was like a slight hesitation before it takes off... almost like "Turbo-Lag". It seems to speed up fast and smooth on demand versus "hitting the nitro boost" to get up to speed.

Hope this helps
Old 05-08-2012, 12:14 AM

Wow this weekend was some hard bashing.... Everyone left with something broken but it was fun... Here is a video of my apache running on 6s nearly ripping 2 tires off the rims and on the 3 a small hole tore and the tires were spinning so fast half the foam insert came out of a hole the size of a dime. Also I slowed the video on the slo-mo portion to 20% of the originals speed and it still hard to see how insane that looked n person to watch the truck tear off tires and most of the vid I used 1/2 to 3/4 throttle to control the car... When I pinned it you can see the tires swell and the car do jumps off little clumps of grass and small debris....

Sadly my damage for the day was was I sheared off one bone and kinda "welded" my alphastar motor together frm the heat... It was a 95 degree day running hard... When I get new motor I will add a fan this time or make air intake ducts to cool the motor down...

Well I hope when I get the new HPI Tork 2200 motor I get a little more out of it and that it runs a little cooler.

First vid of bash session

Old 05-14-2012, 09:09 PM

As requested, here is a link to the video slowed down to 10% of the original speed:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=mhee&v=sG_5m0qWvno
Old 06-08-2012, 04:20 PM

Well you saw that in the video I ripped off 3 of 4 wheels 2 fixable one is Dead.... Well I am trying a different line of paddles fro pro-line They seem better made than the first set... the first set was a thin rubber very light the new ones are heavy in comparison... iit not a fair comparison since diffrent wheels are being used but 2 of my old pro-lines weigh as much a 1 of the new ones.... They are nearly the same size but the new paddles feel thicker, harder. the scoops are also larger .... any see pics

OLD Paddles = Pro-line - max-performance 40 series paddles on axial oversize 8-spoke rims

New Paddles = Pro-line - 3.8 Slingshots desperado wheels

Pictures

TO ALBUM of more APACHE IMAGES
>>> http://s963.photobucket.com/albums/a...dlopez1/APACHE C1/
Old 10-14-2012, 08:38 PM

Thumbs up Apache C1 Looking like a "Land Speed Boat"

this thing was running great till a piece of glass shot up and cut the ESc wire.... oh well here is what I caught on video till then,,,,

LInk:
Old 10-21-2012, 10:52 PM

Just another Video I wanted to share while out on the trails.... Dust clouds a-plenty....

Old 10-24-2012, 12:28 AM

Thanks.... it's wild, when I do the open area drive-by compared to trail runs it looks so slow in the video going through the trails... But looking at the roost you can tell its moving at a guess of 25-30mph compared to the 40-50 plus mph in the open spaces... Glory of sand roosts... Tons of tire spinning and moderate forward momentum....

The original CRASHER : equal parts CRAwler and baSHER!
Sent from my mobile device

Tags
hpi apache c1 paddles car