Password: Log In:
Radio Control Zone » RC Car Action: Forums » General Vehicle Forums » Monster Trucks » Hot Bodies Lightning Stadium (PRO/RTR)

Notices

Monster Trucks Discussion and questions related to monster trucks electric and nitro.

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2004, 07:00 AM
Certifiable RC Zone Addict

im glad everyone is doing great.. im still annoyed..

cheating..
this started int eh 1/8th scale buggies like 5 weeks ago.. hey lets jump the pipe, we will shave 5 sec off our lap times.. the person who started this trend then got a LST 3 weeks ago.. hmm qualify last due to not being able to keep your junk running.. hmmm

past weekend and 2 weekends ago (race i ran out of fuel)..
last place qualifier decided he is special, puts his truck in front of field.. when hmmm im supposed to be in front in #2 spot.. the little... is in the way.. up front there is a added bonus of not getting stuck in the 1st turn pileup.. one of the ways till 3 weeks ago i was lapping field.. no pile up big gap.. how many times can you pass a truck thats never passed you? i passed him 3 times at minimum where he never passed me once.. he was jumping the pipe once again.. it is the rd's buddy, ive pointed this pout numorous times to the rd and nothing has been done in 5 weeks.. im sick of it i left a nasty post for th erd to see on hi sthread that i publicised BIG TIME and have to admit there are others who have been screwed over and its one of th reasons why 30+ racers is down to maybe 15.. and with me stopping the numbers are going to drop along with my negative on th eissue posted so all can see with names posted will make it even less.. th enitro indoor season i just pretty much finished off due to this issue...
Old 12-07-2004, 08:21 AM

That sucks...
People need to come forward and tell the RD that this is why nobody is there..
I wish that we could get at least 3 or 4 guys to come forward and tell the RD that this is bull...
I like racing there it fairly close to my house and i am not willing to go much further this time of year.....
CR thats ****** that you are at the end of your string...
We need to take the RD aside and tell him again
Old 12-07-2004, 08:30 AM

Passive Aggressive behavior

Being the passive-aggressive that I am, I wouldn't mess with telling the Race Director. I would do exactly what the cheater is doing. I would encourage everybody to do it. Everybody put your truck anywhere on the grid that you like. Everybody jump the pipe every lap. Then just sit back and see what happens - make the race director direct the race. Once everybody is doing it, a decision will have to be made. Mind you, this doesn't always work and more than likely you'll get called out on it, but it may make you feel better at the end of the day. Never forget, in the end we're all just grownups playing with toys in the dirt - so don't get violent over it.

BTW - I was considering removing the F/R bumpers off the LSP, but after this past weekend, I think I'll leave them. They really do help clear the track of slow/disabled trucks.
Old 12-07-2004, 10:58 AM

mb we have taken him aside.. this is a 5 week old issue that has progressed to the mt class due to dick buying a lst.. there is no help.. he is the rd's buddy so im dont with it.. i was tot he point of stopping the truck, getting off the stand waitign for him on the straigth away and going head on into him at WOT to make a point.. but its better just to ruin the track for the rd by telling of the issue on the web.. its goign to bite him where it hurts most.. in the pocket.. it was his oppertunity for 5 weeks now to solve this issue.. he has ignored it, you saw how many were there sunday, thats not even half the people that were there 5 weeks ago.. of the people that were there, you, bruice, the other lightning, josh, were there cause of me... if it was not for my word of mouth on the track those people would not have been there... that would have made what, 7 racers for the day? not to mention of the 15-20 who were not there a good 5-10 are also people i know.. they have given up on the track and do not plan to go back as is..
Old 12-07-2004, 04:08 PM

thank you for your thorough explanation CRS. i understand what you were saying. i was just thinking along the lines that he netered a machine that wasnt legal in the class or something.

what you are talking about is a dirty driver that is in bed with a **** race director. hard position (no pun intended ) (well maybe a little) . if you can encourage your entourage to wreck one race day as andersun mentioned i think that would be a brilliant idea. if the RD doesnt come back to you begging for forgiveness and offering free usage for a year for all of your promotion and business,....i would walk away and never return until it becomes beneficial for you to do so.

a few weeks ago i went to my local track for the first time just to check things out and see what it was like. i hope it isnt normally like what i saw because i just kind of stayed to the outside trying to to interfere with anything, but when i tried to ask a group of the racers while they werent busy about what it would take to race, they looked at me and turned their heads away and basically said without looking at me "go there a pay the dues (pointing to the RD). last week, i was in the the RD's LHS...i basically asked him if there were any specifics i would need for my Sav to be clear to race, such as no metallic bumpers or the like. i am hoping he was just busy because he had a similar attitude to the racers before.

i hope that was simply just a bad first impression, thats not like the welcoming RC crew that i see on various web boards. those guys i met were straight up turds. well...thats just my experiences...no more off topicing for me

good luck to all of you with your track issues, and keep up the good work with the LSP's
Old 12-07-2004, 07:58 PM

if they treated you like that i would go find a new track.. its better to suck up to a new person and get him going properly then to not help.. i spend alot of time helping others at the track.. just ask mb.. its supposed to be a good time.. fun and exhilarating.. when the race is tanted by a cheater thats the "best buddy" of the rd and nothign happens then it becomes no fun..

since my post on his thread ive had multi Pms on it and well i just wish they all would say in public what they are telling me in private so he can see how many this person has ruined his track with plans to never go back..

if you have savage questions.. www.savage-central.com you will be able to find lots of info to make it more race worthy, but honestly the LSP is better, faster and cheaper to race..
Old 12-07-2004, 08:36 PM

Hey guys....I got a package in the mail from Hot bodies like the day after I called that brandon guy. The cool part is they sent me 4 of the new CVD's! So somehow I got 2 free! Pretty awesome.

Ive also notice the "four stroking" stock engine...I leaned mine out and it seems to run awesome now. I havent checked the temp cause I cant find my temp gun but there is still blue smoke. Seems to be running really well now
Old 12-07-2004, 10:40 PM

I was impressed how well the truck went being all stock with a few minor changes...
Its so great driving such a track friendly truck...
The engine is not that great for power but it works for the little track that we are on in Jefferson....
Well if cr is not going to be there anymore I am planning to still go cause I feel that TIM needs to be taken out and I will take the LST out there to do that...
I left the last track I raced carpet Oval at because of cheating in the Spec Class...
LSP is an awesome truck!!!!!!
Old 12-07-2004, 11:50 PM

rember what i said.. throw on the stock tires, i bet your lap times go down even more.. also the LSP is much more durable over the lst.. but yes im done out there.. just not worth it to me.. when i feel i cannot have a fair race its just not worth it.. and its 5 weeks of buildign to this point.. should read his reply on the thread i left one on.. he claims no one tells him of issues.. *** was the starting grid issue i spoke of before the race.. ohh btw, i guess he docked tim a lap for jumping pipes.. my thoughts.. when it happens remove offender from race.. he also spoke of the person in last place causeign you issues... he has no control at the track and it canot be solved.. its him.. other tracks would send ya home before they put up with it a 2nd time..
Old 12-08-2004, 08:39 AM
Certifiable RC Addict

Here is a cool mod told to me by Robert Reinhart of RDI Hobbies. Use two front suspension pin holders on the LSP, with the rear block drilled and tapped for set screws and two holes dwon towards the chassis plate. Drill matching holes in the lower chassis plate as well. This way you can use set screws to hold the hinge pins in(longer with two plates up front) and the rear block will also be anchored to the chassis, just about indestructible!...............ttyl, Jim
Old 12-08-2004, 11:20 AM

yep.. but look at my mod on the 2 front ones installed for easeier idea, also drilling th eblock an dmounting to the chassis ive thought about this, BUT if th escrew was to get broke off its like 27-30$ for one if you canot get the broken screw out..

i like his idea of gettign a piece machined into a box like configuration (rear suspention holder type set up off a 2wd truck) for the front and rear holders so they all mount via the diff case screws..
Old 12-08-2004, 12:43 PM

7075 Chassis, Replacement Fr CVD's and , what?

Just called up Hot Bodies - they are sending replacement Front outdrives - no questions asked - real nice. Usually they want a copy of the receipt and yada, yada, yada. I asked him about a way to stiffen up the chassis a bit as I still see some flex in the read (no biggie, but I worry over stupid things). He recommended the 7075 chassis upgrade - I told him to throw it in with the CVD's. They wanted $55.00 for it which seemed OK to me. I'll let you know when I get it - that'll give me a good excuse to pull the thing apart and loctite it all up.

Also, what are you guys talking about with these hinge pin blocks? I can't visualize it but if it's something that'll prevent breakage - I'm in.
Old 12-08-2004, 01:48 PM

look back 1 page, th e1st photo is the block rboert drilled and pu tset screws in, then the one i have doubled up is the actual mod, problem is to stack 2 together the pin is too short for the e clip, if you look at how i did it, i reversed the pin, mushroom head on teh chassis side, reasons for this in the 1st place, 6 screws and sway bar disconnect = diff out, but i used 2 shims/washers and added the 2nd plate over the original one still same effect ad doubling thm up for strength.. look back to page 2-3 there is photo of why to do this as the brace does break on bad crashes.. a 2nd one allows you to rip the front end off instead of the brace breaking.. on the pro version at least, as thats what happened to roberts at one point..
Old 12-08-2004, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRSMP5
look back 1 page, th e1st photo is the block rboert drilled and pu tset screws in, then the one i have doubled up is the actual mod, problem is to stack 2 together the pin is too short for the e clip, if you look at how i did it, i reversed the pin, mushroom head on teh chassis side, reasons for this in the 1st place, 6 screws and sway bar disconnect = diff out, but i used 2 shims/washers and added the 2nd plate over the original one still same effect ad doubling thm up for strength.. look back to page 2-3 there is photo of why to do this as the brace does break on bad crashes.. a 2nd one allows you to rip the front end off instead of the brace breaking.. on the pro version at least, as thats what happened to roberts at one point..
This whole issue is exactly why I didnt want those aluminum arms.

BTW: Ill have pics of my rig up here pretty soon
Old 12-08-2004, 04:52 PM

Hey, there's a real easy solution to the cheating issue CRS. If, as you say, the cheater is shaving 5 full seconds off his lap time, then it would be obvious at the end when you looked at the race report. For instance, if average time for a great lap is 16.8 seconds and this guy posts a 11.9 second lap, then it's obvious that he took a shortcut somewhere. At that point, he's DQ. The numbers won't lie. It should be there in black and white for all to see.
Old 12-08-2004, 09:32 PM

they only docked him 1 lap.. id have grabbed his truck and shut it off and removed him from teh race completly... even durign the qualifiers when he did it he shoudl have been removed for the day...

yes.. but 18$ worth of plastic arms is cheaper to buy then all the other stuff the pro version has.. like the aluminum mount from photo 1.. thats almost 30$ alone.. but still even with that said.. i still do not know what robert did, but for all the hard crashes mine has taken, ive only sheared off 1 bolt into the diff housing after weeks of racing...
Old 12-08-2004, 09:41 PM

Hey CR
this sucks you are not planning to go back there!!!!!!!!
Well when you are not there i am planning on running the Komodos and when anybody says **** about it I am going to mention the jumping of the pipes by the blue LST......
Thats bull....
Lets see some pics of these mods guys
we have seen cr's let see some other pics
Old 12-08-2004, 11:24 PM

Just got a new motor for my LSP..does anyone know if any of the roto starts will fit a Peak .28 motor..
Old 12-09-2004, 06:45 AM

have not kept up with that engine to know.. sorry, i do know there are threads asking this in the engine section of savage central though..
Old 12-11-2004, 12:41 AM

The only thing about the stock engine is there is a little less power than I realy like and the cooling head looks like crap..
Other than that it seems to be pretty good for tuning and power just lacks a little top end also...
Great for bashing or a small track!!!!!!
Old 12-11-2004, 01:14 AM
Certifiable RC Addict

I just sold me Pro's engine on E bay for $99, of course I haven't gotten any contact back in two days since it supposedly sold.....hhhmmmmm....Jim
Old 12-11-2004, 12:42 PM

I am impressed that you got that much money for it...
Hope the deal goes through....
Mine is staying stock for a while maybe a visit to my dad's Machine shop to do some mods to the chassis if I get enough time...
I was also thinking about the thicker chassis that Hot bodies has out.....
Old 12-11-2004, 02:49 PM
Certifiable RC Addict

I was actually dissapointed, I mean, $99 for a brand new engine, with pipe and roto start, never even fired up.....I probably should have kept it as a back up engine......Oh well, still haven't heard from the buyer, or recieved payment......we'll see, Jim
Old 12-12-2004, 02:25 AM

Broke the rear susp. pin holder today.. Has anyone tried the 59 or 54 rear block?? I was the only MT to show up today so they put me in with the stadium trucks,Wow this truck is fast,the track is small to med. size but I did get the TQ and was leading the main when I got cliped going over the triple(by a backmarker)and broke the rear block..
Old 12-12-2004, 09:15 AM

the diffrent blocks are for different rear toe angles.. i suggest givign them a try as different ones change charterstics, i am running the smallest aka the least rear toe i can... be carefull though, it changes the stability of the truck.. the replacement bag of those items is only 5$ though and you get frotn and rear ones..