Password: Log In:

Notices

Nitro Vehicles Discussion related to Nitro On-Road and Off-Road Vehicles

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2006, 02:02 AM

I took my GT out for a bash today......

i finished run-in and got it dialed-in pretty sweet (i saw a whole new side of the GT today ).
this car is a HOOOOOT to drive when fully broke-in and tuned,
I almost turned my tyres to slicks LOL, one rear tyre shredded!! all ripped and S***.
time for some new rubber.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:03 AM

Clear bodies should be available 'soon'. Brian at Kyosho told me Kyosho would be getting them in 'a week or two' about 10 days ago.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:06 PM
Banned

so i guess this would be the average experience with the gt.1 really hard to start and keep tuned lots of blisters on the fingers.2 you get it going good and the two speed sucks either engages too soon or really late.3 clutch will soon fail if it ever worked at all.4 stock tires will balloon and ripp under hard acceleration.5 time to break it down and build it right starting with motor mounts motor mount spacer high rpm race .21 with high torque tuned pipe.werks clutch or kanaii 3 shoe clutch.next is a set of grp rally,medial pros or ofna foams.new screw kit and turnbuckle kit.and then at the end of the road youll be sitting here watching the forum wondering how the hell do you upgrade to some nice aluminium shock towers or a damn chassis?theres one listed in the parts manual that no one has.so you must buy a dremel and about a small garage full of equipment to countersink screws just to get the 7.5 CHASSIS to fit.sadly this car is so new its become a full time job to track down parts.and no one stocks parts for it and every dealer i attempted to get parts for it from tried to sell me something else cause its no benefit to them to sell you the kyosho parts.and unless youve spent big bucks with them before they aint going out of there way for the new guy if they aint making nothing off it.so ive had to open up a pay pal account exclusively for buying parts for it online,and that is a gamble seeing that no parts are specific its a gamble if theyll fit some fit from 7.5 some from the k2 and k3.and what pisses me off is this!why do i have to be a engineer/expert/machinist/distributor just to keep this thing on the road!!!!when its the coolest f****ng car on the road.messaage to hobby shops wake up and sell of all thet dated crap you been holding on to and get in touch with what IS THE FUTURE!1/8 SCALE RALLY CARS.I DONT CARE WHAT SOMEONE IS RACING WHEN THEY SEE THE INFERNO GT IN ACTION WANT IT .BUT WHEN THEY GO TO GET ONE MOST GIVE UP CAUSE ITS TOO MUCH HASSLE!!!WOULDNT IT BE SWEET IF JUST ONE OF THESE ONLINE HOBBY SHOP YOU COULD GO TO AND TYPE IN INFERNO GT AND EVERY PART THAT WORKED ON THE CAR WOULD COME UP?BUT UNTIL THEN WE MUST DREDGE THE INTERNET FOR INFO.
Old 05-17-2006, 01:43 PM

Breath in, breath out.

Option 1:
Numerous hobby shops are Kyosho dealers. You tell them the part #, they call Kyosho direct, Kyosho ships the part, you get it at street price (60% of retail/list price). For me, I ordered the car via Hobbytown USA. They stock ZERO Kysoho stuff. But they are a good store, and they will order me parts, cars, whatever. They do business with everybody. I got my Mayhem ST thru them and my Inferno GT.

Option 2:
Call Kyosho customer service direct for parts, and overpay for them a little, or have them turn you onto a on-line dealer or area dealer. You might find an on-line dealer who you can call and order parts thru. Don't expect the parts to be listed.

As to all the other stuff you mentioned, I don't get the frustrations. Every car/truck has all these possible upgrades, compatability issues and strengths/weaknesses. Swapping engines always involved knowing which mount to use. Clutches, gearing, etc...these are always things that are tinkered with.

The GT is incredibly normal when it comes to doing things to change it, fix it or improve it. It is like every other RC vehicle in that regard.
Old 05-17-2006, 02:49 PM
Banned

i agree but it just pisses me off that i get the car running for a day or two and then it sits for 2 or 3 weeks while i hunt for parts.and everyone i take it to locally cant give me a straight answer on anything.its all rtr touring cars and monster trucks.and as far as the hobbytown in my area they couldnt tell you what to use on the cars THEY stock!heres how it works in tampa fl where i live if they dont stock it its no good and if they didnt sell the car to you then its your problem and ooh yeah this is what you need here this and this and this.they will rip you off in one second if you dont know exactly what your talking about.i mean i was told that you should never use 30% nitro in a car unless your gonna rebuild it every race,and then they proceeded to try to sell me some 20% cherry scented nitro and a hot plug.and that was at the dealer i got the phone number for off the kyoshousa web site.im saying the kyosho inferno gt is awesome.the problem lies in people that have the knowledge using it to rip people off with false information,selling people the car they make the most cash on.i mean how many people bought a rtr broke it and it sat on shelf after that cause of old grasshopper drivin nicad using tamiya semi truck collecting old airplane helicopter farts with a shop full of dusty parts from the 80s and a bad attitude!!!
Old 05-17-2006, 03:01 PM

Well, sometimes the hobby is ruined by the LHS support. I'm lucky, but I also make my own luck.

Although no one near me runs a Sportwerks product or a Kysoho product, Hobbytown ordered both for me and they will help me. They always ask how they are running, and I've only needed them to make one call for me.

When I picked up my Inferno GT, everyone in the store was in awe, just from the sheer size. Most people see Tmaxxes and 1/10 cars all the time. The manager said it was a sweet package and knew about the 7.5 chassis because his son is a Kyosho freak.

When I got my Mayhem ST, the manager called out the owner and tried to convince him to stock them. A complete package with CVDs, aluminum everything and all upgraded, with a Spektrum radio and the owner didn't give much of a hoot. Why? Because all people want are Tmaxxes. Now, Tmaxxes are nice, but 90% of this guy's business is Tmaxx, and the rest is Savage, and AE touirng cars and HPI touring cars.

That being said, they are Kyosho dealers and get dealer prices from Kyosho, and they are hooked up with Horizon Hobby distributors (Sportwerks, Losi and Dynamite parent company), so they order when I need them to.

If they were complete a$$es at my Hobbytown, I still would go to them and tell them to order X,Y,Z. If they didn't, I'd be on the phone with the Hobbytown Franchise regional manager, and you can bet your a$$ that the franchise company would get on them.
Old 05-17-2006, 07:17 PM
Banned

im just letting people know my experience as a buyer.i wanted this car so bad and everytime i went to buy it i was mislead.i ended up going through e bay getting it myself finding this thread through a search engine and all my questions were answered about the car and i thank everyone who has posted.and now ill get my parts direct from the internet and f all the hobby shops selling people what it is that they like!!
Old 05-17-2006, 07:38 PM

U think you got problems? They don't even sell Kyosho in Canada anymore. I bought mine over ebay, got it shipped to a buddies in Buffalo, drove over and picked it up. I have to do the same for replacement parts and I know how it sucks - sucks real bad. But then again, I knew what I was getting myself into and it was def. worth it.
And remember, don't ever listen to LHS guys. Forums are where thing are tried, tested and made true!

Good luck
Old 05-17-2006, 07:42 PM

Just to change the topic to something lighter - Just wanted to know how everyone else's cars sound with the body on. Mine sounds soooooo sweet. Gives a completley different sound as opposed to running with the body off.
It keeps it quieter too when im running in the 'hood.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:08 PM

hey, i decided to go w/ a buggy, an ofna ravager, then im gonna buy a body and try and mount it on the buggy, so ill have to order some mounts from kyosho can anyone give me the part#s? thanks

oh yea the new buggy should be here friday. i decided to go w/ the buggy cause i want to use it mostly offroad and i figured itd be easier this way for parts and supposrt also
Old 05-17-2006, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supraTT
Just to change the topic to something lighter - Just wanted to know how everyone else's cars sound with the body on. Mine sounds soooooo sweet. Gives a completley different sound as opposed to running with the body off.
It keeps it quieter too when im running in the 'hood.
I agree, mine sounded sweet with the body on yesterday, plus it was soooo much more controllable with some downforce
i need to cut some holes in my body cos as soon as i put the body on it would run for about 30 seconds then peacefully stall........ so i gave up.

xrcist2 -
BTW it was MY fault the tyre crapped out, it saw it had partly came unglued and i continued to rally all over the place to finish off my tank.
so yeah not Kyosho's fault on that 1,
where the glue still grabbed is where the tyre ripped (both places).

With a starter box could i mount a remote glow clip thing somewhere on my car, with a wire of-course, lol and hook it to my glow plug, - say through the windscreen where i cut out instead of cutting out the roof - ok back to the point, can i do this and use a starter box to start my GT with the body ON???? that would be the only way i would touch a starter box, i love the idea, can i do it?????????
Old 05-17-2006, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supraTT
U think you got problems? They don't even sell Kyosho in Canada anymore. I bought mine over ebay, got it shipped to a buddies in Buffalo, drove over and picked it up. I have to do the same for replacement parts and I know how it sucks - sucks real bad. But then again, I knew what I was getting myself into and it was def. worth it.
And remember, don't ever listen to LHS guys. Forums are where thing are tried, tested and made true!

Good luck

Atleast you can get tires from GG Royal / SVM Crono.
Old 05-17-2006, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallboy
hey, i decided to go w/ a buggy, an ofna ravager, then im gonna buy a body and try and mount it on the buggy, so ill have to order some mounts from kyosho can anyone give me the part#s? thanks

oh yea the new buggy should be here friday. i decided to go w/ the buggy cause i want to use it mostly offroad and i figured itd be easier this way for parts and supposrt also

Wallboy,

If you look on ebay, you can find some good prices for the Ofna GTP body mounts. The GTP mounts are much thicker and you can mount them like in the pics below.....

Old 05-17-2006, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrcist2
could a set of aluminium shock towers designed for the mp 7.5 work with the inferno gt???
Yes and no.. the front one would bolt on but they are a little taller than the Gt's shock towers. the rear one is 2x the height of the GT's shock towers so you would have to get the long buggy shocks and as Vad mantioned then you will have to completely redo the rear body mounts because there will be noplace to mount the stock shock tower.

I have to agree on the 2 speed being not soo great. My is adjusted as far as it will go and it still shifts early. I have a feeling mine is broken so I've already gone and rebuilt the single speed center diff setup all ready to drop in when the 2 speed gives up. Also will pull the OPS .21 from my K3 and run that in the GT. Mad top end in that OPS.

the clutch in mine enguaged really early until I pulled off the spring and cut 4 coils off and reinstalled it. Mine idles now without the clutch enguaging. you cna also drill holes into the shoes to lighten them so the enguage later as well as making the spring tighter.

slw4red.. Yes you can wount an external glow pug hookup on the Gt. I've seen it done on other cars and many.. mnay planes using this locking plug connector to lock onto the plug under the body then running the wires that come off the locking glow plug connector to a connector on the body.
Old 05-17-2006, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixVi6-Camaro

slw4red.. Yes you can wount an external glow pug hookup on the Gt. I've seen it done on other cars and many.. mnay planes using this locking plug connector to lock onto the plug under the body then running the wires that come off the locking glow plug connector to a connector on the body.
So with this and a starter box, could i start my GT with the body on???
Old 05-18-2006, 12:08 AM

possibly.. problem then would be being able to find a spot on the body that is sturdy enough to press down on to start it. the buggies and such have the nice sturdy wing to hold and press on to start it. I start My Gt on a box and just remove the two rear body clips to lift the body and get access to the engine and have a place to get a grip on to start it.
Old 05-18-2006, 12:22 AM

I guess that would be easier than taking the body off each time,

I am going to try one of those Delta bodies soon enough and put some on road tyres back on it,
but for now i had 4 new chunky tyres so they will do for now,
will like super glue hold the tyres on??
i had to hack the wheel arches out abit to fit these tyres.

What do you guys think??

Here is mine now LOL i think it looks like a PIG!

Old 05-18-2006, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slw4red

With a starter box could i mount a remote glow clip thing somewhere on my car, with a wire of-course, lol and hook it to my glow plug, - say through the windscreen where i cut out instead of cutting out the roof - ok back to the point, can i do this and use a starter box to start my GT with the body ON???? that would be the only way i would touch a starter box, i love the idea, can i do it?????????

I say rethink this. Put the starter box money towards an engine that you can roto start, like a Mach .28 (which is a heavy duty roto drive) or a sick engine that accepts a Tiger Drive (which is heavy duty, too)

The remote glow plug thing: Yes! Mount it up near the front. I already planned this out. I am getting something along the lines of a Mach .28 or SH 28 with roto backplate, a remote glow plug attachment, engine mounts and the appropriate clutch, flywheel etc.

Sick power, and no need to remove the body.

Last edited by Philster; 05-18-2006 at 01:08 AM.
Old 05-18-2006, 01:05 AM

Ofna foams and rims.
Old 05-18-2006, 01:07 AM

pic!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg INF_foams.jpg (94.1 KB, 435 views)
Old 05-18-2006, 01:10 AM

I have a SH28 prospec & MACH 427 freshly run-in that screams (out of my LST2 as it has a PROSPEC in there now - BAD-A** engine!!!) that could go in it, its the clutch and engine mount bizzo i don't understand.
i just wanna know what i need to instal these engines,

what engine mount?
will a werks clutch fit?
will a savage 3 shoe clutch setup work on these engines in the GT?

what little bits and pieces will i need,
i know i need a header! lol thats about it.
Old 05-18-2006, 07:02 AM

Hi All, Just in case people missed the earlier post, a board has been set up dedicated to the Inferno GT. The board is better organised than this thread as we can now have multiple threads relating to all the topics we have mixed in here. Anyone interested in joining can scoot along to:

http://infernogt.proboards102.com/

Conversely - if you don't want to use that board then that is fine as well, people might just find it easier to keep our conversations categorised.
Old 05-18-2006, 08:46 AM

Ok,

I have killed my stock tyres, cleaned the rims
purchased some proline knucles 2.0 buggy tyres for my GT,

now how do i mount them the bead is different, the proline has a wider sectioned than the channel in the GT rim.... i trimmed ONE tyre down to fit in the bead (channel) but i may have stuffed up now it seems loose on the wheel (i did NOT change the inner diameter) just trimmed the bit that gets glued??? if i stuffed the tyre i will get a new pair tomorrow, but yeah,
i am a tyre n00b lol - i bash trucks mostly so the tyres often outlast the trucks LOL jkn... nah i usually buy pre-glued so this is my first time, virgin tyre installer...
will general super glue do? lol it sounds dumb even asking that 1 LOL.
Old 05-18-2006, 09:14 AM

Super glue is all you need.

I never had beads that didn't line up.
Old 05-18-2006, 09:47 AM

Ok, just so you know what i mean.
see the difference between the proline knuckles vs the stock GT tyres where the bead is, pic 1 is my trimmed proline, pic 2 is a un-trimmed proline and pic 3 is a un-trimmed proline next to a stock GT tyre (the one that tore up).
Do you think my trimmed tyre will still work?? do you think i should trim the lot?
i'm puzzled on this,

it will S*** me if i need to buy some new wheels. i also need a body for my LST2 for the weekend (spending too much coin on the hobby lately)

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Hope these help, i might have made a boo-boo trimming the tyre, i just tried to copy the stock GT's method of mounting.... hope i can still use it.