Password: Log In:
Radio Control Zone » RC Car Action: Forums » RC Car Action » Hot News and New Stuff Forum Cars, Trucks, Boats » Traxxas Named Exclusive Radio Control Truck of Monster Energy SX

Notices

Hot News and New Stuff Forum Cars, Trucks, Boats Up-to-the minute news on the latest kits, RTRs, parts, accessories and more. Be sure to subscribe!

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2011, 05:24 PM
Online News Editor

Traxxas Named Exclusive Radio Control Truck of Monster Energy SX

Name:  Traxxas_Logo_white_Fastest-Name.jpg
Views: 2823
Size:  71.0 KB

Latest on Traxxas:

Feld Motor Sports has announced that Traxxas "The Fastest Name in Radio Control," signed a multi-year agreement to be the official and exclusive hobby class radio control truck of Monster Energy Supercross, an FIM World Championship, that begins January 8, 2011 at Angel Stadium in Anaheim, Calif.

The agreement marks Traxxas’ inaugural partnership with Monster Energy Supercross, just two years after becoming a team sponsor of the Monster Energy/Pro Circuit/Kawasaki team. Traxxas’ support of the championship is in an effort to utilize Monster Energy Supercross to help promote their brand in a popular action sports industry appealing to a wider audience.

"Traxxas is excited to sponsor Monster Energy Supercross for 2011," said Mike Jenkins, President, Traxxas. "It’s a perfect fit. Supercross fans’ enthusiastic response to our sponsorship efforts in 2010 with the Pro Circuit team and Kawasaki’s Team Green amateur motocross program made the decision to move up to the championship’s sponsor an easy one. We’re looking forward to bringing high-performance Traxxas fun to an even wider audience in 2011. Monster Energy Supercross is an incredible sport to watch and the riders are supremely skilled athletes. Traxxas is proud to be The Official Hobby Class Radio-Controlled Truck of Supercross."

In addition to being one of the highly-recognized sponsors of Monster Energy Supercross, Traxxas will receive traditional sponsorship benefits and exhibit space within the pit party at 16 races to showcase their try-me-track that will give fans a first-hand experience of the industry-leading Traxxas hobby-class radio-controlled product.

"We are excited to bring Traxxas on board for the 2011 season," said Dave Prater, director of supercross. "Through Monster Energy Supercross, Traxxas products will be showcased to three-quarters of a million fans, which will be a great springboard for channeling their state-of-the-art R/C equipment."
trevord@airage.com
rccanews@airage.com
http://www.rccaraction.com
Sponsored Links

Old 01-04-2011, 05:43 PM

Soooooo, when are we gonna see a freakin' Traxxas Kawi MX'er!! Better hurry, my Ken Block rally shows up tomorrow and I'll be looking for something new come spring.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:47 PM
I work here

Chilly, you never miss a scoop! Look for a story on the Traxxas site soon, and coverage of each race as the season unfolds. Anaheim 1 is this weekend! Dean Wilson is back in action with Pro Circuit, expect to see him on the podium with Traxxas logos on his helmet and jersey, along with Josh Hansen and new team member Blake Baggett. If you hit a Supercross race this season, be sure to find us in the pits, grab a free catalog and DVD, hit the Try-Me Track, and sign up to win a new Kawasaki KX450F!
Old 01-04-2011, 06:13 PM
Banned

is this like the TORC series deal where it prohibits other RC manufactures from coming to play?
cause if that's the case, that's really going to suck for company's that actually make RC dirt bikes. so much for a sponsorship and endorsement deals for them. that will slow down sales.
talk about limiting exposure and groth for the RC industry.

eventually this is going to come around to bit you in the ass. RC'ers have expressed some displeasure with the TORC deal. im sure there's more than one RC manufacture that's not happy about it. im sure there are more than a few off road racing fans not happy about it.
now here you are branching out into another form of racing that you don't have a scale counterpart for, strong arming everyone else out. pissing off the industry. not a good way to make friends. no friends, no sales. no sales, no profits. no profit,s no business. sometimes playing fair and sharing with others is a good thing.
that's all im saying

Last edited by st_dragn_wagen; 01-04-2011 at 06:33 PM.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:08 PM

A traxxas mx bike would be cool but won't happen,IMO.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:43 PM

well, i guess congratulations traxxas. whats next, youll be selling your murchandise in toys r us? just do me a favor, and dont ever make a 1/8th scale nitro rc buggy, because god for bid if that toys r us day ever comes, r/c cars will never be the same.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:48 PM

They better make a dirtbike otherwise this is just dumb
Old 01-04-2011, 10:43 PM
Online News Editor

I think some of you are not seeing the big picture here. Sure they might not have a RC bike in the works, but they are exposing RC to another segment that otherwise might not see what RC has to offer. And chances are that once they see the RC world they will get hooked just like many of you are already.

How many times will you be at a race and someone passing by stops to check out the pits, cars, etc and they are blown away on how sophicated the cars, motors, electronics, etc. are? The more people know about RC, the more they will get involved.

Now some of you might not like the way they go about it, but overall this is good for the RC industry. If anything hopefully it inspires more RC manufacturers to do something similar and get RC out to the masses. The more the the people know, the more RC will grow.
trevord@airage.com
rccanews@airage.com

Last edited by Chilly Duncan; 01-04-2011 at 10:48 PM.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly Duncan View Post
If anything hopefully it inspires more RC manufacturers to do something similar and get RC out to the masses.
well they better act quick or traxxas is going to buy everything up. and then not invite them to the party
Old 01-05-2011, 02:34 AM

I am glade to see a company like Traxxas to be putting money back into motor sports. This provides jobs for all involved and it benefits all the RC companies as well with free advertisement.
Old 01-05-2011, 02:41 PM

Oh yeah, this is good. Let's get more and more sheep into the hobby. This is how our hobby will get better. Yeah we should all forget how r/c was before. Such a horrible time that was!
Old 01-06-2011, 02:31 AM
Certifiable RC Addict

Why are people complaining about the Traxxas/Torc deal? Why didn't Associated or Losi make the deal? Any other r/c company would have signed an "exclusive rights" contract had they thought of this like Traxxas did, so stop busting their humps about it. Torc could have said 'no' to the exclusivity deal, but must have felt that this way was for the best. Maybe that changes next year, maybe not. But since Traxxas seems to want to actually reach out and expand the R/C hobby into the mainstream and grow their business, I say 'job well done'.

Matt
Old 01-06-2011, 10:39 AM
Online News Editor

Traxxas isn't the only RC company branching out into other avenues.

AE has their shortcourse series plus they sponsor a bike team. Losi has ties with a shortcourse, motorcross, and rock crawling team. JConcepts sponsored a monster truck, and Kyosho sponsored a superbike team. Those are just a few examples.

Maybe what sets Traxxas apart from the others is that they are better on getting the word out?
trevord@airage.com
rccanews@airage.com
Old 01-06-2011, 01:00 PM

Some people are just haters
Old 01-06-2011, 02:41 PM
Banned

people hate on the TORC deal because of the way its set up. the only RC manufacture allowed to advertise within that series is traxxas. AE, losi and who ever else sponsored drivers must remove or cover up all names and logo's from there trucks or they are not aloud to race in the TORC series. that's not good for the drivers, race teams or sponsors. we as race fans and hobbyists want to see all manufactures represented and duking it out for supremacy. one manufacture no matter who it is taking over an entire series and not allowing other manufactures to come and play is just shady underhanded ********. and i personally have less then zero respect for that
Old 01-06-2011, 04:54 PM
I work here

I can't speak for TORC (Traxxas doesn't own the series or set its rules), but I know that any R/C brand that wants to sponsor a team in the TORC series, as the primary sponsor of the team, would be welcomed. That would represent meaningful support for the series.

Last edited by PeterV; 01-06-2011 at 09:41 PM.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:56 PM

i couldnt agree more on that. the reason why traxxas is able to sponsor the whole TORC deal is because unfortunatly they are the number one brand of R/C cars, which means ONE of the companies who makes the most money. I dont hate traxxas, matter of fact I've owned a lot of them, and Traxxas has to do what they have to do. But sometimes I feel traxxas can be a bit cheap, and if a person who has NO idea about R/C cars sees a Traxxas, and that person thinks its "cheap" or a P.O.S, then that person is more than likely to not get into R/C, affecting the hobby.

I know their are a handful of people on here who think Traxxas vehicles are cheap, maybe thats why their an affordable price. If i wanted a company to promote a huge racing series and be on commercials, I would want it to be a company who makes quality racing stuff.

Thats like Kia sponsoring a NHRA race. what NHRA fan would want "KIA" as a major sponsor for the NHRA? As ridiculous as that sounds, thats how it sounds with Traxxas sponsoring the whole TORC deal. KIA is exactly like traxxas; cheap, affordable, and all cheap plastic.

Traxxas doesnt even make an R/C dirtbike, why promote something you dont even make? But it is what it is, if it promotes the hobby then so be it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by st_dragn_wagen View Post
people hate on the TORC deal because of the way its set up. the only RC manufacture allowed to advertise within that series is traxxas. AE, losi and who ever else sponsored drivers must remove or cover up all names and logo's from there trucks or they are not aloud to race in the TORC series. that's not good for the drivers, race teams or sponsors. we as race fans and hobbyists want to see all manufactures represented and duking it out for supremacy. one manufacture no matter who it is taking over an entire series and not allowing other manufactures to come and play is just shady underhanded ********. and i personally have less then zero respect for that

Last edited by m1ance; 01-06-2011 at 10:04 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterV View Post
I can't speak for TORC (Traxxas doesn't own the series or set its rules), but I know that any R/C brand that wants to sponsor a team in the TORC series, as the primary sponsor of the team, would be welcomed. That would represent meaningful support for the series.
it shouldn't matter. any sponsor no matter how small is fundamental in keeping that team racing. if it wasn't, the name/logo wouldn't be on the truck. if teams can't afford to race TORC has no series and traxxas has nothing to sponsor. and right now in this economy sponsorship is hard to come by and making company's pony up the big money for main sponsorship is even harder
Old 01-07-2011, 07:49 PM
Certifiable RC Addict

This just in...

st dragn wagen is the official Fan Boi of Traxxas anything.

He will post to any thread just so Traxxas can stay on top of the forum list. Personally, I think he has a closet of Traxxas R/C stuff that he's afraid to run because someone might think that he has gone soft.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:27 PM
Banned

a closet full? pfffft.... get serious fool, its a garage. nothing but traxxas RTR's in there. every last one has metal gears and is 100% waterproof. you know me, gotta represent the big T.

alright i gotta stop there im about to make myself sick
Old 01-07-2011, 09:10 PM

Hmmm? Idk what to say about this. My first rc I bought was a traxxas and I loved it but I wont buy one again. I have moved on from their level one rating, but I dont understand how sponsoring this SX is going to work. Ive only seen the races on CBS a couple of times but the majority is on Speed. (I guess in theory youve got to make something to have cable and at a business stand point if youve got money for cable you might have $200 laying around for your kid) Have you ever been to these events? I have and a lot of them arent people that are going to buy an r/c truck. They are there for the bikes so Traxxas better put out a MX or something to that extent.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:38 PM

Love Traxxas or hate them, it doesn't matter.

The important aspect is the company is making strides to gain more exposure and acceptance to the hobby. This means more sales, more competition and better pricing for hobby grade cars and parts. Sales are sales. And, really, no matter how serious you take it, in this economy we are playing with very expensive toys. With more cash flow for the industry everyone wins!

No one goes to these events and then walks into a Traxxas dealership. They walk into a hobby shop which usually sells multiple brands and types of cars, planes, boats and helis. Just getting them in there is great.

It worked for me. My T-Maxx led to my LST2, which led to my Tamiyas, 2 Axials, an HPI, Strykers, a Slash, onboard videos, the Scale Crawler Alliance group and so on....
Old 01-07-2011, 09:54 PM
Certifiable RC Addict

There's another large partnership right on the horizon - much more RC oriented imo. I'll wait for someone else to specify... Get ready to have this conversation all over again.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:59 PM

I dont understand by saying more people buying more hobby grade r/cs is going to drop the price? Even with competition I see it as you pay for what you get especially in this hobby. You want an extremely well priced ST or SCT buy a Duratrax (not trashing Duratrax). You want a great quality engineered product buy a Losi or Jammin. Your always going to engineer a better product to be the best. You dont see Hyundai advertising their vehicles and saying that they are as high a quality as a Cadillac. So IMO I just dont think that its going to cause better prices. For more people thats great. Currently I'm trying to get my cousin and his boys into it I love it with a passion. (Sometimes my gf makes me sleep on the couch for staying up workin on them) And yeah Traxxas makes a vary of products for your expierience I just feel like its Verizon buying everything they can.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:08 PM
Banned

traditional ideas of supply and demand doesn't mean jack in the real world. here's what really happens. demand skyrockets. supply gets cranked way up to meet demand. now you have something that is highly in demand backstocked hobby shops and a price that are almost double cause the manufacture and retailer know that we the dumbass consumers will pay for it.

when the slash came out they could have charged $500 for that thing. it would have been a slow start, but once a few people had them we would have started coveting thy fellow hobbyist's goods, mix that with a cool tv commercial and mass outside exposure and they would have sold like sex. that's where were heading