Latest from Vaterra:
California has one of the highest concent -rations of exotic sports car owners in the U.S. To keep their passions in check, the California Highway Patrol has been known to employ the use of some rather exotic speeding deterrents. The most formidable of these are stealthy muscle cars packing high-output V8s and special suspension packages. These super troopers can quickly fill the rearview mirror of most scofflaws before they even knew what hit them. And considering most have top speeds in excess of 150 mph, attempting to outrun one would be futile
Lay down the law with the Vaterra™ 2012 CHP® Camaro® ZL1™ sport coupe. This exciting 1/10-scale homage to the men and women of the California Highway Patrol is modeled af¬er a 585 hp Camaro ZL1 super car. It comes ready to run with authentic CHP markings (generic police stickers are also included), a working light bar, side view mirrors, a lighted push bar, chrome exhaust tips and more. Underneath the uniform is a neutral-handling V-100S chassis equipped with a potent Dynamite® power system. This combination of power and poise makes high-speed pursuits as much fun for expert drivers as they are for beginners.
- Light 'em up with flashing LED lights. The realistic appearance and bright colors grab attention and make high-speed pursuits a lot more fun.
- The licensed body captures the bold lines of this super squad car with a level of detail you simply won’t find on anything like it. Authentic CHP markings, side view mirrors, flashing lights, chrome exhausts – it has it all.
- The shaft-driven 4WD delivers excellent traction on paved surfaces and superb drift control when sliding across loose surfaces. The differentials are sealed against the elements and can be tuned for a variety of running conditions.
- The low-profile tires and 54mm wheels are complemented by brake and caliper details on the hub. The rear tires have a little more meat than the fronts for better grip when you hammer the throttle.
- The waterproof receiver, speed control and steering servo let you run in the real world where pavement isn’t always dry and weather is often less than perfect.
*Details on waterproof standards can be found in the instruction manual.
Length: 4.85 in (371mm)
Width: 7.76 in (194mm)
Height: 4.4 in 112mm
Ground Clearance: .25 in (6mm)
Wheelbase: 10.25 in (256mm)
Weight: 3lbs 14oz
Chassis: Injection Molded
Drivetrain: 4WD Shaft Drive
Tire Type: V1 Performance
Motor or Engine: 540-size Brushed
Radio: Spektrum DX2E 2 Channel
Batteries: 1800mAh Ni-Mh 6-cell Flat w/EC3
Charger: 2A NiMh AC Peak Charger
Wheel Size: 2.16 in (54mm)
Shock Type: Injection Molded Oil Filled
Body: Polycarbonate Painted
Minimum Age Recommendation: 14 years
Experience Level: Beginner
VTR03012 - $299.99
Due Mid September, 2013