Latest from Team Durango:
Refined from the world famous DEX408 platform, the DEX408v2 takes 1/8 electric powered competition to the next level. Team Durango's precision engineering and world-class design innovations have been combined in the creation of the ultimate electric powered 1/8 racing buggy.
The DEX408v2 is manufactured with strength and durability as key design features:
- The hard-anodised 3mm aluminium chassis provides the perfect platform for this 1/8 thoroughbred electric buggy. Strong, super-durable and machined to incorporate precision hardware mounting holes, the DEX408v2 will perform consistently.
- The 16mm Big Bore shocks are at the heart of the DEX408v2s ability to handle the most extreme track conditions. Combining rugged anodised aluminium construction with silky-smooth shock shafts and a dual tapered piston assembly, the DEX408v2 will soak up the jumps and lay down the traction as you race for the win.
- Machined aluminium bulkheads and suspension hangers not only provide unrivalled strength on the track, they also ensure secure and reliable hardware, no matter how often you strip and re-assemble your DEX408v2.
- High-quality, hard-anodised aluminium shock towers give the DEX408v2 the ability to withstand the big jumps and race hard and fast when the action gets tough. Incorporating a wide range of shock and camber link adjustments, your DEX408v2 can be perfectly tuned as the racing conditions change.
Our custom designed 1/8 electric buggy will provide a wide range of handling characteristics and precision tuning options straight from the box:
- The inclusion of all-new tapered, angled-hole shock pistons will give your DEX408v2 super-smooth suspension action and the ability to fine-tune your handling characteristics with a simple change of shock oil.
- New lighter composite diff gear parts will assist in transferring the brushless power efficiently whilst reducing the rotational mass of your differential assemblies
- The DEX408v2 now benefits from revised drivetrain geometry that includes a straighter rear diff output assembly for increased driveshaft efficiency and reduced friction. Combine this with our already race-proven ultra-smooth internal diff gears and you can be certain that the DEX408v2 is designed to be as smooth as it is fast.
The DEX408v2 provides an awesome amount of tuning options to allow for a completely custom set-up, no matter what the track conditions:
- The new dual-position rear hub carriers give the option of creating different rear end handling characteristics in seconds. Position one will provide higher traction during cornering, with position two providing a more progressive cornering action on surfaces with high traction.
- Brand new rear suspension arms not only give the DEX408v2 amazing 'bump-handling' characteristics, they also form the basis of an all-new rear end geometry for improved weight transfer in low traction environments.
- Aluminium shock adjustment nuts allow for precise ride-height and shock pre-load settings in seconds.
- Multiple front and rear camber link adjustments, combined with upper and lower shock absorber settings, provide you with a buggy that can be 'dialled' into any track in minutes.
Your battery cells are treated to a snug and secure fitting with our custom hook & loop straps. The DEX408v2 will easily accommodate ROAR legal cells with the flexibility of increasing your power capacity and battery size as you get faster on the track. This custom battery retention system will take cells that measure up to 35mm in height.
The precision designed ESC and PT tray are manufactured from super durable and lightweight composite material. These items will provide a safe and easy access location for your essential electrical components.
All racers will agree that having a host of tuning options makes setting your buggy up in different conditions fast and easy. Team Durango now provide a custom anti-roll bar set, shock spring tuning options and specially designed aluminium option parts to allow you to bring advanced Team Durango racing science to your pit table.
Learn more about how you can develop your DEX408v2s spares and option package to suit your individual racing needs. These items take up virtually no space in your pit box, but will prove super-valuable when you are racing the DEX408v2 for the win!
We have achieved global recognition for our quick-release easy-access front and rear diff constructions. The DEX408v2 provides time saving, maintenance friendly servicing to keep you racing for longer.
We include our super-durable 'fit and forget' driveshaft items that incorporate our ultra-secure clip fitting.
Hex screw hardware throughout not only gives a safe and secure fitment for your vehicle construction, but makes working on your DEX408v2 fast and trouble-free.
The DEX408v2 has a custom-designed aluminium motor mount that will accept all traditional 1/8 brushless motors with ease.
The DEX408v2 benefits from a distinctive body shell style that will turn heads in the pits and assist with your cars' handling characteristics out on the track. Advanced aerodynamic styling combined with enough space to fit your electrical components make the DEX408v2 body shell the perfect complement to a buggy that clearly means business.
The DEX408v2 will generate the maximum down force on the track thanks to our scientifically engineered rear wing. Constructed from high-quality and flexible composite material, this wing brings unrivalled stability to your buggy when every racing line counts.
A 1/8 buggy with a slim silhouette? Team Durango bring their already proven ultra-slim chassis design to the world of 1/8 electric buggy racing. The durable composite side-pods not only provide amazing side impact durability, but also assist with creating extra space for fitting transponder and electrical equipment in a buggy that loses no marks for being a slim-line racing machine.
The DEX408v2 is engineered to win, straight from the box. Boasting all-new rear end geometry settings and super-smooth precision shock absorbers, this buggy will provide unrivalled handling characteristics alongside Team Durango's world-recognised durability. Grasp the opportunity to maximise the race-winning power of brushless technology with a new high-efficiency Team Durango DEX408v2 drive-train.
TD102029 - $549.00