Password: Log In:
Radio Control Zone » RC Car Action: Forums » RC Car Action » Hot News and New Stuff Forum Cars, Trucks, Boats » Kyosho iReceiver Wireless LAN Radio Control System

Notices

Hot News and New Stuff Forum Cars, Trucks, Boats Up-to-the minute news on the latest kits, RTRs, parts, accessories and more. Be sure to subscribe!

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2013, 10:54 AM
Online News Editor

Kyosho iReceiver Wireless LAN Radio Control System

Latest from Kyosho:

iReceiver Wifi Radio Control S

Enjoy control of your R/C models through your smart phone, tablet and PDA. Now is the time to realize this evolutionary step by replacing your R/C receiver with the iReceiver. Move control stick and lever icons on your touch screen for the same control response as a standard transmitter. Up to 6-channel control is possible. Download free apps for various R/C models such as cars, boats, airplanes, helicopters and tracked vehicles. Using your Wi-Fi environment, this system promises stable control through wireless LAN. In addition, a micro-camera unit is also available to fit onto your model to capture the action to view on your smartphone in real time. This creates the feeling that you are actually riding inside your model! While looking at your screen, you can drive your model into the next room to check what’s happening! The data can even be recorded and saved on your smartphone. A variety of setting features are available including slowing the speed down for easier control. The iReceiver adds a totally new dimension to the enjoyment of the model hobby so it can now be experienced through your smart phone, tablet or PDA.

Features:
  • Receiver allows control through smartphone, tablet or PDA using Wi-Fi.
  • Install 6ch iReceiver instead of a standard R/C receiver.
  • Use the optional camera unit to watch the action on your smartphone while controlling the model.
  • Transmits video data to be recorded on your smartphone.
  • Separate control types for each category (app under development)
  • All, independent left/right control volume adjustment (EPA) and dual rate
  • Max speed adjustment (100/70/50/30% 4-stage)
  • Exponential
  • Channel mixing
  • Confirms stick (lever) position with vibration
  • Lap time measurement
  • Timer function
  • Individual reverse switch for each channel
  • 40 model memory bank
  • Digital trim
  • Sub trim
  • Failsafe
  • Still image capture
  • Setting menu for individual functions

Install the ultra small wide-angle camera unit (sold separately) to control your model while watching the footage on your smartphone. Of course the video data can be recorded.

Technical Data

Size - 35×27×17.5mm
Weight - 10g approx.
Channel number - connectors for 6ch
Power supply voltage - 4.8-6V
External ports - connector for special camera unit, USB, extension board
Range - 80-100m/live video approx.35-40m.
Compatible Device 1 - [Apple iOS Series] OS: iOS7 Portable Device: iPhone4S/5/5S/5C, iPad Retina model, iPad mini
Compatible Device 2 - [Android Devices] OS: Android 4.2.2 recommended CPU: minimum 1.2GHz Quad Core recommended 4.5inch screen recommeded

**Depending on network performance or device version, the functionality, response speed and image quality can vary.  

82260 - $79.99

iReceiver Digital Video Camera

This onboard camera enhances the experience of controlling your R/C model from your smartphone, tablet or PDA through the iReceiver. Specially designed for the iReceiver, this camera unit transmits high quality video and still images to your smartphone in real time. This allows you to control your model by viewing the video on your smartphone in real time. The 120+ degree wide-angle lens provides the extensive range of sight needed for effective driving control. In addition, blur and distortion is eliminated from the periphery to deliver clear image quality to all parts of the screen. Depth of vision in the lens design and aperture control provide clear visibility of distant objects for judging your path and its surrounds. The camera is powered by the iReceiver so it can be used simply by plugging in the camera’s connector. Video start, stop and still shot are all easily controlled from your smartphone. The ultra-compact design means the camera takes minimal space onboard your model. Use the camera unit together with your iReceiver for the most fascinating experience in model driving and flying in modern times.

120+ degree wide-angle lens provides clear visibility of surrounding environment for a realistic onboard control experience. Simply plug in the special connector to the iReceiver. Does not require separate power supply or circuitry and is easy to use.

Features:
  • Special video camera for iReceiver.
  • Simply plug in the special connector to start using.
  • Includes mount with adjustable angle.
  • Excellent low light image capture takes clear video from darker environments.
  • Auto white balance function produces natural color shades.
  • Automatic aperture produces optimal exposure from bright to dark scenes.
  • Video start/stop is controlled from your smartphone.
  • Pan focus feature avoids out-of-focus shots.
  • Also features still image capture function.

Technical Data

Size -42x26.5x30mm
Image resolution - 640x480pixel
Frame number - 25-30fps
Exposure - auto
White balance - auto
Focus - fixed
Weight - 9g approx.
Connection - special cable & connector
Power source - supplied through cable connected to iReceiver
Compatible Device 1 - [Apple iOS Series] OS: iOS7 Portable Device: iPhone4S/5/5S/5C, iPad Retina model, iPad mini
Compatible Device 2 - [Android Devices] OS: Android 4.2.2 recommended CPU: minimum 1.2GHz Quad Core recommended 4.5inch screen recommeded

**Depending on network performance or device version, the functionality, response speed and image quality can vary. 

82261 - $79.99

trevord@airage.com
rccanews@airage.com
http://www.rccaraction.com
Sponsored Links

Old 12-04-2013, 02:01 PM

Wow!
Old 12-04-2013, 02:50 PM

For both Android and IOS, cool, and the the price is decent.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly Duncan View Post
Enjoy control of your R/C models through your smart phone, tablet and PDA.
no.

Quote:
Now is the time to realize this evolutionary step by replacing your R/C receiver with the iReceiver.
making my car harder to drive and less controllable is evolutionary?

Quote:
In addition, a micro-camera unit is also available to fit onto your model to capture the action to view on your smartphone in real time. This creates the feeling that you are actually riding inside your model!
no, no it doesn't. it gives you a vibrating and jiggling camera view that is unwatchable like all those on board camera videos on youtube. very rarely can you ever tell what the hell's going on. oh, the cameras pointed straight up or down. must have crashed. god i hate RC on board camera videos.

Quote:
While looking at your screen, you can drive your model into the next room to check what’s happening!
where it will get stepped on, kicked, and tripped over.
you think your family hates your RC cars now, just wait until they're tripping over them while you crash in the walls and furniture with them

Quote:
The iReceiver adds a totally new dimension to the enjoyment of the model hobby
no, no it doesn't.

god i hate technology tie ins. they're always so stupid and gimmicky. they're never practical or serve any function.

you want a good technology tie in? the ability to program your ESC wirelessly with your smart phone, tablet or PDA. open the app, turn on the ESC and program away. then i don't have to lug around a laptop or head home every time i want to change around settings.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:08 AM

Wow captain negative nancy. This is not technology for the person who is into racing or looking for precise control. You won't see the crawler guys or IFMAR guys rocking this at all.

Otherwise people who just want a toy and something cool to use with their cell phone will be all over it. My kids would go wild over this, throw in the video and they'll be over the moon.

Look at the technology for what it's designed to do...not for you single use purpose. Your statements are like getting made because because someone bought a base model 2 wd pickup truck. But you drive a C7 Vette. Different intents and purposes.
The Following User Says Thank You to Koko For This Useful Post:
packhntr (12-05-2013)
Old 12-06-2013, 09:59 AM

Could be fun with a tablet and something slow inside/outside. It could be neat. Personally I'd almost be tempted to put a servo on it and use an AX10 or something to explore my crawlspace since I don't fit through the tiny hole and am scared of spiders.

-Eric
Old 12-06-2013, 11:56 AM
Certifiable RC Addict

Pretty cool. Too bad my wifi does not reach very far out of the house. Put a plow on the truck and go out and clear the sidewalk while watching the Eagles game.

Or bring it to work, and make deliveries around the office from my desk. Think the Clod can pull a trailer with a laptop no problem.

Fun little toy for messing around. Not crazy about the driving interface on the touchscreen, but looks like it works fine for basic tooling around.
Old 12-06-2013, 02:02 PM
Certifiable RC Addict

Interesting, but not practical.
Old 12-14-2013, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuburbnHooligan View Post
no.

making my car harder to drive and less controllable is evolutionary?

no, no it doesn't. it gives you a vibrating and jiggling camera view that is unwatchable like all those on board camera videos on youtube. very rarely can you ever tell what the hell's going on. oh, the cameras pointed straight up or down. must have crashed. god i hate RC on board camera videos.

where it will get stepped on, kicked, and tripped over.
you think your family hates your RC cars now, just wait until they're tripping over them while you crash in the walls and furniture with them

no, no it doesn't.

god i hate technology tie ins. they're always so stupid and gimmicky. they're never practical or serve any function.

you want a good technology tie in? the ability to program your ESC wirelessly with your smart phone, tablet or PDA. open the app, turn on the ESC and program away. then i don't have to lug around a laptop or head home every time i want to change around settings.
Yeah ! What he said !