Password: Log In:

Notices

Nitro Vehicles Discussion related to Nitro On-Road and Off-Road Vehicles

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2003, 11:18 PM

Yeah it was just a Picco 12 and it dropped right in. I also used a paris ring pipe. Does anyone else use this pipe? Can you post a pic of how you mounted it?
Old 04-19-2003, 08:32 AM

Randy T

One more stupid question! If I use all the parts that RC Rage says to buy to shorten my rear end and buy the Wolfpack Serpent adapters along with the serpent wheels and tires will everything fit right without and problems? Did you notice any major difference between the serpent adapters from Wolfpack and the RC Rage adapters?
Old 04-19-2003, 12:03 PM

I personally like the Wolfpack Adapters. Like I said before I switched to the Wolfpack Adapters because I stripped one the Rage rear adapters, and couldn't get a replacement. Wolfpack Adapters allows you to use your the lock nut that comes with the kit. In regards to it fitting all perfectly...it doesn't. Your going to have trouble with the rim rubbing against the shock mount. So what I do is use an exacto knife and trim the inside of the rim, but you will go through alot of those plastic shock mounts. I'm going to check this weekend on whether or not the adapters will work on Serpent 835 rear wheels, instead of 1/8 scale wheels.
Old 04-20-2003, 11:54 AM

Yeah I was looking at the 1/10 scale serpent foams rims on ebay! Right now all I have in the car is a Picco 12 and it has a lack of take off power. Maybe with the 1/10 scale foams it will be perfect for my engine. Looking at your Super I don't see my little Picco turning those big tires too good. The only problem i can see with the 835 rear tires is that with the Super rear end narrowed then the tires might not be wide enough and won't look right under the body? IT looks by your picture that Serpent wheels are a bit wider than Proceed wheels also but I am only looking at pictures and comparing your Super to the Super on RC Rage's web page. I have emailed him about his adapters and using HPI rims and he didn't say anything about the wheels rubbing or anything. The only thing he said to me was I should get the graphite rear shock tower and bulkhead for added strength.
Old 04-20-2003, 12:32 PM

I looked at the 835 tires yesterday and they won't fit on the adapters. I forgot your mentioned that you can get Proceed tires so the offset might be different and it won't rub. Unless you plan to get a bigger motor, and do just drag races, I wouldn't suggest doing the conversion.
Old 04-20-2003, 12:42 PM

Yeah the whole point of me getting the adapters was to make the Super handle better than it does now but if the wide Rear wheels is only good for drag races then i will just stick to the stock wheels or even get some regular 2.2 foams for it. When I was racing it yesterday I noticed that it already pushes a little in turns so it must be way worse with the wide foams.
Old 04-22-2003, 07:53 PM

Toyota GT1 Super Bodies

Anybody have a pic of their Toyota GT1 bodies? I am looking to paint my new one and I need a few idea's. I am trying to get away from the normal red/black scheme! Don't worry I won't copy anyone's paint.
Old 04-22-2003, 10:00 PM

Re: Toyota GT1 Super Bodies

Quote:
Originally posted by Raydee
Anybody have a pic of their Toyota GT1 bodies? I am looking to paint my new one and I need a few idea's. I am trying to get away from the normal red/black scheme! Don't worry I won't copy anyone's paint.
HOWS THIS?
Old 04-26-2003, 03:24 PM

I kinda like the blue, it's different! I will post a pic of mine when it's done. I think I will try blue and flourescent green with a carbon fiber wing and sides. Ahhhhh my bodies never turn out good anyway!
Old 04-26-2003, 07:16 PM

Hey has anybody tried the Powerline foam tires for the Super yet?
Old 04-28-2003, 05:08 PM

Clutch bell bearing (needle bearing)

I hate the needle bearing that HPI recommends. Can someone tell me if I can use typical/normal sealed bearing like all the rest of the companies use? Thanks
Old 04-28-2003, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Hey has anybody tried the Powerline foam tires for the Super yet?
I have them for mine, but can't really comment on them as I haven't gotten them on a track yet. On my streets/parking lots they spin like mad, but have'nt worn too bad and seem durable.

Quote:
I hate the needle bearing that HPI recommends. Can someone tell me if I can use typical/normal sealed bearing like all the rest of the companies use? Thanks
I used some bearings that I had laying around in mine. They are pretty thin, and I used 3 bearing. I believe they are 5x10 bearings. It works great.
Old 04-28-2003, 10:36 PM

Re: Clutch bell bearing (needle bearing)

Quote:
Originally posted by rc_king1
Answer: Yes, but you will still have to maintain (Lube) them.

Just remove the needle bearing after every couple of Hours of runtime and RE-lube it. Any good automotive Grease should be fine. They EASILY will last a year or more without problems. In ALL of the years that I've raced HPI's, I only had to change (1) once and it was from lack of lubrication. Learned my lesson after that.
Old 04-29-2003, 11:15 PM
Certifiable RC Zone Addict

Where can you guys get the powerline foams.....? Online or local store...?

So far, I have seen foams from www.rc4less.com, they are quite expensive (almost $45 for 4)......but ppl told me they are pretty good....now i want to see what is the powerline foams look like before the handed out my hard earning $45.....(for $45 I can get 2 set of foams for 200mm TC)....

Thanks
Old 04-30-2003, 07:05 AM

I bought mine from
http://www.racerhobbies.com/tires_powerline.shtml

$30 a set!
Old 05-02-2003, 12:30 AM

Re: HPI Super Nitro Rs4

Quote:
Originally posted by popsracer
I'll tell you this, if Kyosho would make a Super Size based on the V1R, I'd buy one in a minute. (I doubt HPI will improve the design)
Hate to break the news to you but...

FW-05R
Old 05-02-2003, 10:40 AM

PCC;

There has talk about this Car for some time on the R/C-Tech Board.
This is a shaft drive Version of the V1S.
Kyosho is also working on a Hybrid version of the V1RR that is still only in the design stages and this Car will retain the belt drive.

HPI on the other hand, has it's Hand's full with the developement of the Pro-4 and the Nitro R40, so it is doubtful a 2nd generation Super will be forthcoming anytime soon if at all.
Old 05-02-2003, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Raydee
I bought mine from
http://www.racerhobbies.com/tires_powerline.shtml

$30 a set!
Ray....thanks, that sounds more reasonable....however, hows the foam? How long that will last..? It said medium....what do you think?

Thanks
Old 05-02-2003, 05:42 PM

To tell you the truth they feel a bit soft but I haven't had a chance to run them yet! I am going to measure them and run them a day or two and then remeasure to see how fast they wear down.
Old 05-02-2003, 10:48 PM

Yeah, that is my concern......the SHORE itself should be OK, it is just the WEAR part I am more concern....I know the one from www.rc4less.com are more expensive but they do last quite a while (at least 4-6 races)......so for the $15 difference...I will look at the wear issue and decide which one to use....

Thanks guys..............(beside, if the Kyosho one are using the NTC3 one shaft design.....they will get my $$$ right now.)
Old 05-03-2003, 12:38 PM

Hey Guys,
Ok, I changed my name from Dropkicked.

My super is almost ready for first race day tomorrow. GT-1 Body is all done, I finally got the suspension equalled out a bit. Just took a test run on the street. It's handling alot better in the straights. It's not spinning out when I hit the brakes even with the front one way anymore either. Those things are good. I still can't get it to hit second gear, or it might be in second, I can't tell. I haven't had enough time with it running the 2 pedd properly to tell. I guess I'll go pick up the rebuild kit today.

I'm also going to try changing all the settings to Popsracers suggestions earlier in this thread. I also need to pick up a bigger tank today, and a new set of tires. I don't know if I'm gonna be able to get my foams trued in time.

We'll See.
Old 05-05-2003, 04:36 PM

has anyone ever tried the GPM foam tires, similar to those seeen here?
http://www.gpmracing.com.hk/car/page...LS%20/%20TYRES
or should i just avoid them because they might carry the same quality as other GPM products?
Old 05-05-2003, 06:32 PM

hmmmm

To be honest, I doubt anyone has tried those. We were'nt having luck with any foams yesterday. I was running powerlines, and a couple other guys were running the ones from RC4LESS. I would guess that the GPM ones are just a medium foam compound with no real shore rating and I for one don't have the device to measure it. The powerline ones are described as a "medium" compound. If you find those somewhere for $30 a set or so, let us know. I'd be willing to try them.

I'm starting to wonder if the Super class is not dying as fast as everyone thinks. I mean if there are 3 or 4 companies coming out with foams this year there has to be a market. There were 5 in the class yesterday, 6 saturday, and at least one more next sunday. 2 more if Rookie comes out.

Oh well, off to reduild after my day of "durability testing".

Drop
Old 05-06-2003, 05:03 PM

Super Nitro a DEAD class

Guys;

I know many People who still have their Supers, just no one brings them out to race anymore. I've personally been racing Electric Stock as a second class and a 3rd Car is almost too much.

For any of you Guys in Southern California, the Hobby People Escondido race is coming up on the 17th. If we can get 3 or 4 of us to enter with our Supers, they will hold a class (more race bucks!)
Old 05-07-2003, 03:44 AM

Re: hmmmm

Quote:
Originally posted by Dropkicked
To be honest, I doubt anyone has tried those. We were'nt having luck with any foams yesterday. I was running powerlines, and a couple other guys were running the ones from RC4LESS. I would guess that the GPM ones are just a medium foam compound with no real shore rating and I for one don't have the device to measure it. The powerline ones are described as a "medium" compound. If you find those somewhere for $30 a set or so, let us know. I'd be willing to try them.

I'm starting to wonder if the Super class is not dying as fast as everyone thinks. I mean if there are 3 or 4 companies coming out with foams this year there has to be a market. There were 5 in the class yesterday, 6 saturday, and at least one more next sunday. 2 more if Rookie comes out.

Oh well, off to reduild after my day of "durability testing".

Drop
yeah, last sunday was COLD, and that's why foams are not as good as it suppose to be.....and this sunday, I might have a small chance to head to Tinley with the new engine, so I might be able to stretch the leg of the super......